Why is Hotel called Institute?
„Dr. Simo Milosevic“ Igalo, is one of the largest and the most famous institutions for a multidisciplinary spa treatment on the Balkan. It is a pioneer of the modern physical and preventive medicine, rehabilitation, thalassotherapy, and wellness, and became one of the leading international centers for rehabilitation of children, adults, and seniors.
Institute Igalo offers wellness and recreational programs, which basically rely on the modern medical principals. These programs are devoted to the promotion of the healthy way of living, correction of the bad living habits, or simply enjoying the benefits of aroma therapies, massages, and face, body, and soul pampering treatments.
Institute Igalo offers spacious and multipurpose space, ambiently and technically well equipped with the adequate audio and video equipment, as well as its experienced staff
Through 3 international airports, the Institute Igalo is accessible from all world destinations:
Tivat - at a distance of 23 km
Dubrovnik (Cilipi) - Republic of Croatia - at a distance of 30 km
Podgorica (Golubovci) - at a distance of 112 km
For any help in organizing leisure time, excursion, drive or transfer, our tourist agency Impala, stays at disposal to all of our guests, in order to provide the entire tourist product in one spot.
Herceg Novi is a coastal town in Montenegro located at the entrance to the Bay of Kotor and at the foot of Mount Orjen. It is the administrative center with around 33,000 inhabitants. It is a ‘city of the sun’, thanks to a large number of sunny days all year round. Nearby airports are Dubrovnik (29km, 35min), Tivat (24km, 1h – ferry) and Podgorica (111km, 2h 42min – ferry)
The center of Herceg Novi is Stari Grad (Old Town), decorated by buildings dating back to the epochs of Sahat – Kula (1667) and Kanli – Kula (1483). Fortress Spanjola (1538) and Fortress Forte Mare (1687) are only a part of the cultural heritage of this renowned town. A great number of the boat trip is organized to visits, trips over the Skadar Lake, and one-day trips to Dubrovnik.
Beaches: Today Herceg Novi Riviera spreads on the length of 25 km and it encompasses 7 lodgments, that is, tourist places of which every has some characteristic and uniqueness. We’ll tell you some of the places: Meljine, Bijela, Djenovici, Kumbor, Zelenika… Herceg Novi has very nicely arranged beaches. 62 of them (registered) spread from Njivice to the cape Macak (CAT) on the peninsula Lustica.
The most popular and most unusual shorter trip starts with a tourist taxi boat or barge and leads you to the very unusual place – a cave which is better known by the name “Plava spilja” (BLUE GROTTO). It got the name by unusually blue water which is created by the reflection of the sun beams which during the days when the sky is clear reflect themselves on the surface of water. When you jump into the water, you will feel that it is unusually warm and clear. The height of the cave up to the final spot on the top of the attic is 9 m, while the depth is 3 – 4 meters.
Kanli Kula Fortress – (orig. Kanli Kula) originates from the Turkish period (16th century). It used to be a prison (hence its name in Turkish and means “bloody tower”), and in 1966 it was reconstructed and renovated into one of the most beautiful summer stage on the Adriatic. Its capacity is over 1.000 seats, and on special occasions, it can accommodate more than 1.500 visitors. Kanli Kula Fortress is opened to individual and group visitors every day from 9 – 21h.
Clock Tower – Tora was built in 1667 by order of Sultan Mahmud. During the Turkish governing this was the main gate. In the inner passage through Clock Tower, there is a sculpture of Mother of God (called the “Black Madonna” because it was made of burnt wood) and a memorial to the founder of Tvrkto the First Kotromanic, which is in the form of bas-relief was made by Afran Hozic from Sarajevo. Old city clock on this tower only in 1995 was replaced by a new – electric clock, which to the city of Herceg Novi was donated by Zemun – fraternity city.
Spanjola (ESPANOLA) – Construction of the fortress began during the Ottoman rule in the 15th century but its present appearance gained thanks to the Spaniards, who had rebuilt it and continued building during the one-year rule of the city. Its original name was the fortress “Upper Town”. It has got the actual appearance at a time of the second Ottoman rule in the 16th century. It is located on the north-western side of the city, on the Bajer hill, at a height of about 17 meters.
As part of the Institute Igalo there is a complex that once belonged to a lifetime president of SFR Yugoslavia, Josip Broz Tito. This complex is known as villa “Galeb” which was built in 1976. This villa is President Tito visited 4 times on an official visit. Visitors are able to see the places where Tito and his associates and guests held meetings, watching movies, one of the apartments in which they resided his close associates, his apartment and the apartment of his wife Jovanka, who are also the most exclusive part of Tito’s villa.
Forte Mare Fortress – (The Sea Fortress) is located on the coast. It was built between the 14th and 17th century, restored in 1833 and from 1952 was reconstructed in the summer cinema. Forte Mare certainly among the most beautiful examples of fortification architecture and quite realistic assumptions are that there was a nucleus of the Old Town.